Sunday, March 22, 2020

CurlingZone Quarintined Curling Tour Final

After all the dust has settled The Sheriff Matt Dunstone and Rob Gordon will meet in the final of the first ever CurlingZone Digispiel. The event so far has been a great success. Between Facebook Live and Youtube I believe there was between 150-200 viewers for the second semi-final. That is quite a feat for a bonspiel that was organized very last minute.




Gerry Geurts deserves a lot of credit for providing the media platform to showcase the event. Some of curling's best young talent and veterans took part in the event. I had the pleasure of helping Gerry with some of the administrative part of the bonspiel. I am hoping that I will be able to help out in the future. I think there maybe something here and would like to help it grow. One of the stories that I learned from this weekend is that there was a league made up of many of the final eight. I think it would be fun to create a new league. The league should be not serious, fun & a little competitive. I am going to work on the details and will post some details here later this week. I am also going to post on the CurlingZone forums and see if I can get some interest there.

Make sure to check out the final on Monday March 23 at 8pm EST/5pm PST

On Facebook

On Youtube

See you there,

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment